dippers 3 and 4 were not accounted for when the sprinklers went off. they never came back from the woods. the same woods that the hat-chewing gnome fell into.
i’d be weary if dipper is ever in his old hat.
not to mention there are plenty more blue pine ones.
Actually Dipper 4 was Paper Jam Dipper and it was 3 and 5 that rode away on the bike.
Dipper 5 is there for the rest of the episode and you see him and Dippers 6-10 disintegrate. [Along with Paper Jam Dipper of course.]
You never see Dipper 3 again though..
that’s what i thought at first, too, but even if you want to count paper jam dipper as 4 (even though they never numbered him), there’s still one guy (3) who’s been completely missing since the bike scene.
10 is the highest numbered copy, but there’s no copy numbered 1, so it’s 10 dippers total if you count classic (1). there’s 8 above, but two are obscured. we need to identify them. we see:
2, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 10. we can rule out paperjam (4) by looks alone, so that leaves classic (1), 3, 4, 8 that they could be.
they line up in the immediately following scene pictured below:
i count 7 copies and one classic. this means that one of the two obscured dippers in the previous scene was classic. this brings the lineup in this room to:
1 (classic, on the bed), 2, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 10, with one still unidentified.
possibilities left: 3, 8
we can catch a glimpse of 8 in this scene if we’re quick:
(the exact order of the copies, to confirm, in order panning from left to right across screen is: 5 10 7 8 9 6 2)
that leaves number 3 still nowhere to be found.
from this scene on we still never see 3. all copies in order from here out are:
- 10 pointing laser/putting in mixtape
- 7 changing light
- 5 at the shades
- 8 with the money fishing rod
- 6 giving the signal
- 2 chilling with classic (1) at the mirror
now we have this:
6, 7, 9, 2, 8, freaking out at classic (1). 2 mentions 10 is still distracting soos.
welcome back, 5.
now they remind him, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
still no 3 anywhere, and now we’re at the closet scene.
oh boy, here we go again.
i can only stomach over-analyzing of this degree as a nod of appreciation for the work these writers did.
so we have 2, 8, 10, ?, 9, 5, paperjam(4), 7 (see the crease of the hat up there, that’s gotta be paperjam since he’s in this scene and nobody else has that crease). this is what threw me the first time, but after noticing that second obscured guy was paperjam, 3 is still missing.
so, here we have 8 copies, one to identify. let’s see who it is that’s behind #10. it’s either 3, or it’s 6. can we find 6?
yes. yes we can.
3 is still missing.
next scene change is the fight, and god fucking damn i will not break that amount of movement down textually with screenshots. i did, however, watch that shit and did frame by frames to ensure everyone was tagged. there were never enough people on screen to even account for 3, taking into consideration that tyrone (2) was not there for the second half, since he didn’t get hit with the sprinklers. classic clocked that bitch at the start, and he was down for the whole clone fight, save for the belly slaps and getting slapped the fuck up and pummeled by 7 while classic tried to sneak away. tyrone finally got up when they found classic out. everyone but tyrone advanced when the popper went off. (so basically, tyrone made it out by purely by getting the shit beat out of him.)
tyrone and classic struggle next, see wendy with robbie, then give up in unison. 3’s nowhere in the crowd, then the “roof-soda feels” scene happens.
that’s it guys. like i said, 3 went missing on the bike for sure. and even if you want to count paperjam as the legit 4, 3’s still missing.
also i should clarify, i started listing once they made more clones immediately after the bike scene, and we see 5 there right off the bat, so the previous person’s theory about 5 being on the bike is void. i still think there is an actual copy numberd 4, since they didn’t count paperjam when saying it was “4 dippers. this is a 4 dipper plan.”
paperjam happens, and they make another when 3 was all “come on, you’re not gonna make me partner up with him, are you?”
“ok, just one more clone.” so there are 5 dippers when the bike is stolen.
it’s 3 and 4 on the bike, because we see classic, tyrone and paperjam in the following scene, meanwhile the other two guys are off stealing the bike and keeping it away from robbie, who doesn’t get back until much, much later.
so, i still stand by my first assessment that there are two dipper clones on the loose. but there’s no denying that 3 for sure is amiss.
Watching it again yeah it probably wasn’t 5 on the bike.
I just don’t like the idea of skipping over Paper Jam Dipper as number 4. Feels rude.
Although I will say this, there probably isn’t a Dipper clone [or two] running around.
My guess is he[they] hit a puddle or something stupid and disintegrated and Robby got his bike back. He came back after all, I would assume he got his bike back.
[Even if that isn’t what happened and the extra Dipper[s] just wandered around or hid, I don’t see him[them] staying out of contact with water [or any other liquid] very easily, so he[they] probably disintegrated at some point.]
- dfanshow reblogged this from fedoraspooky
- dfanshow likes this
- blade-waltz reblogged this from yohlo-sassakura
- weskuur reblogged this from yohlo-sassakura
- yohlo-sassakura reblogged this from hibrrry
- yohlo-sassakura likes this
- yaksini likes this
- psychoparliamentary likes this
- gessorly likes this
- harleybert likes this
- bufu-dyne likes this
- tweettweak reblogged this from choriarty
- thegirlwiththemooglehat likes this
- hibrrry likes this
- choriarty likes this
- rockerfox999 likes this
- mastermindalterego reblogged this from shiva64
- shiva64 reblogged this from fedoraspooky
- jaclynclaired reblogged this from fedoraspooky
- jaclynclaired likes this
- thedemoninyourmilk reblogged this from combinationlove
- combinationlove reblogged this from fedoraspooky
- thefoolwhomakesfoolsofthemall likes this
- roxiexcore likes this
- thisoverhere reblogged this from fedoraspooky
- ismarthinthisgame reblogged this from fedoraspooky
- cameheretodrinkmilkandkickass reblogged this from actualcannibaltobiaseaton
- actualcannibaltobiaseaton reblogged this from chihirofication
- meateating-orchids likes this
- chihirofication reblogged this from muffinsandmissiles
- dudeunicornsnrainbowsaretheshit reblogged this from muffinsandmissiles
- dudeunicornsnrainbowsaretheshit likes this
- chihirofication likes this
- muffinsandmissiles reblogged this from fedoraspooky
- feztheshep likes this
- elf-show likes this
- ariana-just-what likes this
- insanity-rain reblogged this from fedoraspooky
- googleberry likes this
- fizzwizzler likes this
- isntspirational likes this
- seaweedelf likes this
- berolle reblogged this from turbo-fuckin-tastic
- garenth likes this
- tandel96 reblogged this from 8oo
- pedrothepie reblogged this from husstiel
- pedrothepie likes this
- thefairywhowaited reblogged this from fortheloveofneps
- thefairywhowaited likes this
- lets-hope-we-dont-explode likes this